If OWS is to succeed at all, it must critique the political system which feeds on Wall Street and vice versa.
D.C. policies are just as bad if not worse than Wall Street's wrongdoing.
As long as the neolibs control Congress and both political parties, nothing good is going to happen.
Robert Reich summarizes the seven biggest lies about the economy but are still widely believed, unfortunately.
Read the article, but here is a summary:
1. Tax cuts for the rich trickle down to everyone else.
2. Higher taxes on the rich would hurt the economy and slow job growth.
3. Shrinking government generates more jobs.
4. Cutting the budget deficit now is more important than boosting the economy.
5. Medicare and Medicaid are the major drivers of budget deficits.
6. Social Security is a Ponzi scheme.
7. It’s unfair that lower-income Americans don’t pay income tax.
We have Democrats, including Obama, believing this shit. That's what scares me about him and them.