Thursday, August 30, 2012

Somebody is Going to Get Fired

for pointing out the obvious with Paul Ryan's speech last night at the Republican National Convention. It's a nice summary for those of you who were fortunate enough to miss it.

This is good:

Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling.


In other words, never trust a man with a widow's peak:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

A chance to be dishonest and display it to all the world is why Ryan chose a career in the very government he hates. What is hilarious is he doesn't point out that the reason Obama failed to do this or that is because of GOP obstruction. This is good:
And when Ryan riffed on the handful of jobs he briefly held, his Ayn Randian roots were clear. “When I was waiting tables, washing dishes, or mowing lawns for money, I never thought of myself as stuck in some station in life, he said. [Perhaps that's because he wasn't; he grew up in a wealthy family.] I was on my own path, my own journey, an American journey where I could think for myself, decide for myself, define happiness for myself. That’s what we do in this country. That’s the American Dream. That’s freedom, and I’ll take it any day over the supervision and sanctimony of the central planners.” That’s straight out of Rand, and ’50s anti-Communist paranoia.

And he went to college thanks to those Social Security survivors' checks he got when his dad died. Just like his idol Ayn Rand collected Social Security and used Medicare.

No comments: