Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Etc.

As far as I am concerned, Alan Simpson can join Grover Norquist right in that bathtub.

They can both take Erskine Bowles with them.
_____

Global economics isn't all the great thing the neoliberals think it is:

At least 112 workers died in the blaze, either through suffocation and burns, or from jumping out of the eight-storey building in a desperate attempt to escape. The fire, which began on the ground floor, where flammable textile and yarn was stored, blocked the stairs. The only other exits were locked.

Photographs of the burnt-out Tazreen Fashions building show rows of incinerated workspaces where hundreds of workers produced clothes for major European and American corporations, including Walmart and the C&A retail chain. The lack of elementary fire safety precautions was matched by long hours, poor conditions and low pay. Survivors explained that they were owed three months of unpaid wages, plus bonuses.
_____

If by some chance I am a big winner in the Powerball lottery, I would certainly put my winnings into a trust and live off of the money.

I see no point being nearly 60 years of age of "investing" it when I could just as easily live on it for the rest of my life.

I'd probably move away from Oregon and go to the desert. My body can handle it better. It's simply too cold up here.
_____

Obituary: Motivational speaker and author Zig Ziglar, 86, has died.

The cause of death was pneumonia.

No comments: