Tuesday, April 16, 2013


No suspects yet in the horrendous Boston Marathon bombing:

The day after two powerful bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, a mile-square area around Copley Square here remained cordoned off as a crime scene, and officials still had no one in custody. Investigators searched a house in a nearby suburb late Monday night, but later said the search had proved fruitless.

Hundreds of runners who had expected to leave Boston on Tuesday morning with a sense of triumph after a night of celebration left instead with heavy hearts after at least three people were killed. The bombings also sent 176 people to area hospitals, including 17 who were critically injured, Police Commissioner Edward Davis of Boston said Tuesday.

Among the dead was an 8-year-old boy, Martin Richard, of Dorchester, according to Conor Yunits, a family spokesman. Friends and family gathered Monday night at a restaurant to mourn him; he had been watching the marathon with his family, and his mother and a sister were badly injured. The names of the other victims have not been made public.

There is more fallout from the El Paso test cheating scandal.

No comments: