Sunday, September 15, 2013

Cue the Violins

I have utterly no use for the former superintendent of WCSD as it is thanks to his rubberstamping my illegal dismissal and covering up for two administrators' malfeasance and incompetence. I certainly don't care to read about how saintly he is because he retired from his lucrative taxpayer-financed job after four or five years of shitty leadership to take care of his ailing wife. I did know her, though not well at all, thanks to having student taught at one of the area schools and she was a counselor there years before she passed. Devotion is one thing, but media overkill is quite another.

Furthermore, most family members who are affected by Alzheimer's don't have the financial wherewithal to move on like he did. Dugan ultimately married a much-younger woman a little over a year after his wife died who had also been employed by WCSD for a number of years. It didn't take him long to recover from his grief.

I am not spreading gossip here because it is true. I did a little bit of digging on this after I read some Facebook posts by a former principal of the district who had dinner with the Dugans a few months ago. Frankly I was shocked given all of the media coverage of his ordeal. Even Associated Press picked up on his story of his late wife's disease and republished the article about him to be read by a wider audience.

No comments: