Thursday, October 10, 2013

Frudden v. Pilling

The argument in front of the Ninth Circuit is up on YouTube thanks to Eugene Volokh, who is representing the Fruddens in the Romm Gomm mandatory uniform case, by noting on his blog it was up.

The issue is the mandatory motto apparently:


The panel is very confused, too, like I am, because indeed the whole idea of the mandatory uniforms as conformity seemed to be the issue in the lower court. I had read that original complaint.

The court could very well throw this out.

More here.

On the other hand, the judges are just as tough with the school district lawyer, Randy Drake, as they are with Volokh.

Who knows? I really think uniforms should be made illegal for public schools although another court of appeals, as mentioned in the video, said they were legal. I vehemently disagree.

I wouldn't bet either way on this case.

No comments: