Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Licensure to Steal

I am about ready to hang it up. If I ever get a teaching license up here in Oregon, it will be a miracle. Now I have to pay $100 MORE to even get my license application processed after TSPC already ripped me off of $120 because it was a sub license--they wouldn't issue me an Initial license. TSPC is already 3 1/2 months behind on processing applications. I am just about done.

It'll cost over $500 total, including tests, to get a license here since I started the process some two years ago--and that $100 is just for ONE endorsement because I don't have five years experience in one subject area to be considered equal to an Oregon ed grad with NO experience. It's stupid beyond belief.

And if I had the money, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but 100 bucks in my situation might as well be ONE MILLION DOLLARS. To TSPC, it's walking around money since these people have cushy jobs--even if they are understaffed and working their asses off. But it's all but unaffordable for me.

Then suppose TSPC decides based on my transcripts that I have to take courses in special education--these goddamned courses would cost between $1100-$1200 APIECE because they would have to be graduate-level courses.

It boggles the goddamned mind.

Meanwhile, a TFA can go in a job with just five weeks training. I don't know if Oregon has allowed them to infest schools here, but sooner or later they will.

No comments: