Monday, March 03, 2014

Etc.

In case you missed the show last night, and I did except for the last three awards, here are the results.

I will probably look at a few of these films when I get the money to do it. This despite the fact I am more of a vintage movie fan.

A slideshow of the "In Memoriam" segment is there. About half of the people listed I had never heard of, and I suspect they weren't really major figures in film but well-known among film people. That includes quite a few directors whose names simply didn't "ring a bell" with me at all.
_____

Frankly the mess in the Ukraine reminds me of Chile 1973, with the nutball neolibs trying to control the country with their reckless experiments.
_____

Evidence has come to light TFA and charter "schools" go together like bacon and eggs.

With the taxpayers, of course, footing the bill.
_____


No comments: