Thursday, May 29, 2014

Etc.

If it isn't there, then where is it?

It may turn out that the plane will never be found.
_____

Death: Former boxing champ and homeless advocate Matthew Saad Muhammad, 59, died Sunday of undisclosed causes:

He won the World Boxing Council light-heavyweight title in 1979, defended it nine times, and retired in 1992 with a 49-16-3 record with 35 knockouts. He was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1998.

His mother died when Mr. Saad Muhammad was an infant. According to the former champion, his financially-strapped aunt told his brother to leave the child in Center City.

"He took me out in the city, where I wouldn't know where I was or how to find my way home, and ran away from me," Mr. Saad Muhammad told One Step Away, a newspaper produced by residents of city shelters, earlier this year. "I tried to run after him. I ran as fast as I could. I was 5 years old and I was running for my life."
_____

One reason our economy is in such dire straits.

No elected official will do one thing about it, either.
_____

We need to return to a limited federal role in education.

The reason the feds started meddling with curriculum, etc., has to do with the ideology so many of the D.C. crowd has that says all public assets should be sold off to the highest bidder.
_____

It appears there was way less than what met the eye in the Penn State "scandal."

It appears my thoughts about the whole matter are being backed up with the facts, but fat chance the media will backtrack on their witchhunt of innocent people. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Jerry Sandusky never did anything wrong and was a victim much like the people accused in the McMartin child molestation "case."

The whole thing sounds like a greed grab by plaintiffs' attorneys and prosecutors, people who couldn't care less whose lives they ruined as long as they got a big payday or a big boost to their careers.
_____

No way should racing's Triple Crown be tampered with.

There was a long spell between Citation in 1948 and Secretariat in 1973. There will be another winner at some point, hopefully this year.
_____




No comments: