Thursday, July 10, 2014


Obituary: Modeling agency co-founder Eileen Ford, 92, has died. She and her late husband, Jerry Ford, had one of the most successful modeling agencies in the world. Many famous models worked for their agency:

While Mr. Ford managed the business, Mrs. Ford became the face of the agency and its chief talent scout, sometimes virtually plucking young women out of a crowd and turning them into models.

Some became celebrities in their own right, among them Christie Brinkley, Cheryl Tiegs, Veruschka, Jerry Hall, Grace Jones, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington and Elle Macpherson.

Many found stardom in Hollywood: Suzy Parker, Jane Fonda, Ali MacGraw, Brooke Shields, Candice Bergen, Rene Russo, Kim Basinger, Lauren Hutton and Jean Shrimpton, who in her modeling days embodied the miniskirted Swinging London of the 1960s.

Eileen could be quite generous to her young models, but at the same time she could be a complete and total shit. That's probably why she was such a success.

To qualify for her agency, a model had to be tall and thin, and preferably blond with a long neck. I wouldn't past muster in any of those categories, even when I was young and was halfway good-looking. I sure as hell don't now.

On a personal note, after almost two months I got my car back. I was getting so tired of having that thing out. My nephew has been good about the whole thing; he replaced the fuel pump and then replaced all of my tires plus fixed the ignition.

I still have my break light module to have to have replaced, but that can wait a while.

No comments: