Friday, October 10, 2014

Lots of Things Going On, Too Lazy to Blog

Sorry about not putting something in here today, but I got all sidetracked. That book exchange that I am working at for Experience Works is going to be the death of me, just like Baker & Taylor was all those years ago when I spent literally thousands of dollars on books. This time, though, it's worse because most of the books are free to the public.

I have picked up loads of biographies, current titles, and other (mostly) nonfiction titles. I probably have enough books to last me the rest of my life, but still I get them.

Today I bought two titles from the store and picked up four Walter T. Foster art instruction books. I really want to take proper art courses as well as proper photography courses. The lack of money these past six years and especially the last four has been nothing short of a bitch. I am not sure I am going to substitute teach at all this year because I like having a stable check, even if the training is only part-time, minimum wage. At least I can count on it, and I don't have to worry about being financially devastated during the summer months. I am hoping there is a job out there with my name on it, preferably back in education in some capacity since that is what my area of training is, even in a lousy area like southern Oregon.

As soon as I get my computer up and running, I am going to start writing a couple of books. At least with "eBooks" it is easier to self-publish.

Anyway, I don't have much else to say.

No comments: