Monday, November 17, 2014

I Can't Believe It

Six and one-half years later, I have finally secured regular work, albeit it is a part-time job with no benefits, but it is at least better than temporary stuff. I will be working in one of the area school districts as a classified employee doing early reading intervention. I will be working with kindergartners at one of the schools.

The shift is 3.75 hours per day, five days a week. I will have to figure out how I will make it during the summer months, but getting this part-time job gets me into the informal pool of the full-time positions when those become available. I will probably try and get my Oregon K-8 license after all.

If and when I get my computer out of the repair shop, I intend on working on a novel about a teacher who is harassed by a principal and retaliates after the principal retaliates. I have a lot of background experience and the experience of others to draw upon. Of course I will have to use a pseudonym.

Although I am not a fan of eBooks, I do realize their existence makes it easier for people to self-publish.

No comments: