Thursday, April 23, 2015

Current Reads

I didn't wait around to order the hard copy--yet--of Jon Krakauer's latest book, Missoula. I went ahead and downloaded it as soon as it became available Tuesday. I am about a quarter of the way through it, and I highly recommend it.

He doesn't pretend to be objective about the issue of rape. The further into this book, the more outraged you get.

In interviews, Krakauer said he wanted the publication date moved up after the Rolling Stone UVA report scandal. He felt that false or not substantiated claims by college rape victims was typical. He's right, of course.

The book is as much about the football culture that is everywhere in many college towns like Missoula as it is about rape.

I'll probably finish the book off by the end of this weekend.

No comments: