Sunday, April 26, 2015

Let's Hope It's True

I will actively work on Bernie Sanders' campaign if he decides he is going to run for president, as it's being reported or rumored.

I doubt he would get the Democratic Party nomination--it's virtually a lock for Hillary Clinton at this point--but he would keep the party on track and honest.

For that matter, he could keep the GOP honest, a tall order I know.

Sanders is already in talks with potential staffers. And while he’s been in contact with Democratic activists across the country in recent months, lately the conversations have become less hypothetical and more about asking for commitments to support his candidacy, if he decides to run.

Sanders has been relying on an informal network of friends and advisers as he considers a presidential run. The unofficial brain trust has gathered with Sanders in Washington, including once at the Capitol Hill home of progressive radio host and former California Democratic party chairman Bill Press.

His Senate office has begun preparing for Sanders to spend lots of time in Iowa and New Hampshire as they adjust his schedule.

What I like about him is he means what he says. He isn't a narcissistic flake like Dennis Kucinich He's not afraid to tell it like it is to the public.

The billionaire class and Wall Street thugs have already picked who they want for the Democratic Party nomination. The Ruben retreads are calling the shots, just like they did with Obama.

I don't want to have to ignore the next president the way I had to with Obama. That's why you didn't see a lot of posts about Obama from me--outside of the mess he made with education--since he was inaugurated in 2009. I didn't expect much out of him, and he succeeded in being worse in my already low expectations.

Bernie Sanders is a breath of fresh air. I don't care how old he is.

No comments: