Monday, August 24, 2015

Cheap Exploitation of December-May Relationship

Like a true exhibitionist, mediocre talent Celine Dion exploits a truly private issue, and her fans eat it up.


Since I am not a fan, I don't.

This is how I feel about it:

If you are a public figure, and you parade this December-May relationship as some great love story, expect to get criticism for it. The older I get, the more disgusted I get with men who prey on young women. Largely it is media and Hollywood that glorify this garbage, while women past 50 get the shaft from men who think they are too good for their age peers. Celine was very young and very immature when she hooked up with this guy. She wasted her youth on him and was selfish enough to have children with him with the realization that she would likely be left a single parent.* How caring is that, people, when a man does this knowing he would not be alive long enough to see the kids grow up? Sure, younger men and women die before their kids grow up, but that is the exception rather than the rule. This woman had kids when this man was in his fifties and sixties, and his health was already rotten. What was she even thinking? All this pampering by an older guy--more than 10 or 12 years older--may be flattering when young, but it is NO fun to be a nurse when you are in the prime of your life. I know of people who had marriages like this, and the senior partner ended up with major illnesses while the younger partner was in her prime years.

When I was young, I did pursue older men, or they pursued me, and like an idiot I ate it up. I missed a lot of opportunities to find people closer to my age despite not actually caring one way or the other to get married. Now older men, if they are still alive, just gross me the hell out. In fact, a lot of guys close to my age--60--gross me out because they look like shit. Yet far too many of these guys think they are too good for somebody like me, who looks like shit but not as much like shit as they do, and they actually believe they can attract somebody 25-45. I just want to retch.

I have a family member who is in one of these kind of relationships but with a narrower age gap than Celine and Rene's, and the man has major, major health issues he has so far successfully battled, but things could change.

The fact is he could have retired with somebody near his own age instead of his wife still working and in the prime of her life. They had maybe a good decade together before he got ill first with heart problems and then with lung cancer. Fortunately, he is tough and has a good attitude, but it has taken a toll on him physically.

___

*--Her husband, Rene Angelil, has been married three times total and had three children prior to marrying Dion. This is even more disgusting.









No comments: