Monday, August 10, 2015

Washoe County School District Gossip

What else do you expect when you treat teachers like shit and the governor and legislature are all hellbent to destroy teaching as a profession?

Apparently there are not enough nepotisms to fill the regular jobs. They will end up hiring any longterm subs who have teaching credentials.

You couldn't pay me enough to work for that shithole.

In my own case, I am continuing the same job as last year, and hopefully will get my Oregon license by the end of the year. I have been studying for the ORELA, both parts. It shouldn't have to be that way since I am an experienced teacher.

I have to renew my substitute license this year.

I still never made the cut for a special education job interview, so I don't believe there is really any real shortage at all up here except for substitutes.

No comments: