Wednesday, October 07, 2015

So What Are Those Rumors About Marco Rubio

A taste of those rumors is here from over two years ago.

Rumor Number One: Marco Rubio slept with a Tallahassee lobbyist, got her pregnant, and she had an abortion.

Is this true? I have no idea. But I know that many reporters, both local and national, have attempted to run it down. I spoke to one of those reporters before the 2012 election, and he told me that "all parties" involved denied the story.

Rumor Number Two: Marco Rubio Has Fathered Two Children By a Woman Other Than His Wife.

Is this true? I have no idea. But I know that many Democratic operatives in Florida have heard this story, and believe it. I've spoken to at least three of them, who said it goes like this: Rubio, who is married to a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader, has two children by another, different, former Miami Dolphins cheerleader. In the version of this rumor I heard, it's unclear whether these purported children were born before or after Rubio married his current wife. The children, the rumor goes, live in New York with their mother.

Similar allegations surfaced yesterday when a heckler confronted Rubio directly. Rubio was taken aback, to say the least.

No comments: