Saturday, April 16, 2016

Popegate: Sanders Busted Again

Bernie Sanders, in a futile attempt to influence the upcoming New York primary, has once again exaggerated his meeting with Pope Francis:

The pope, who made a brief trip to Greece on Saturday to visit a refugee camp, spoke to reporters on the plane home about his encounter with the American politician. "When I came down, I greeted him, I shook his hand and nothing more. This is called good manners and it is not getting involved in politics," the pope said, according to Reuters. "If anyone thinks that greeting someone is getting involved in politics, I recommend that he look for a psychiatrist," he said, laughing.

The official Vatican transcript, issued later, quoted the pope's remarks as saying that Sanders "greeted me politely together with his wife (…) It is called ‘manners’ and has nothing to do with politics” he said. The official transcript, however, did not include the humorous aside regarding psychiatry.

I don't think Sanders can help but lie and exaggerate. I guess the primary is really about him.

He should just hang it up and return to the Senate.

No comments: