Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Be Careful What You Wish For

I didn't attend the district Democratic convention this weekend in Klamath Falls because I had only $4.95 in the bank account, but I was totally shocked when I received an email and a phone call today that I have been selected as a delegate to the Democratic National Convention, which is being held late next month in Philadelphia. Of course I would be a Clinton delegate if I can ever get the money together to attend.

I always wanted to be a national delegate, but I was under the impression it was next to impossible to be one. I did not get to do it in 2008 because the big shots at the convention in Nevada forgot to submit my name, so I never went. I figured after going to the March meeting of the Jackson County Democrats it was going to be hugely competitive, so I just figured it wouldn't happen.

I will have to figure out how to raise the money to pay for the plane ticket and room.

If I can do it at all.

No comments: